Updated On 20 May, 2019
Media Gates Co. WLL and its affiliates and subsidiaries, hereinafter “us“, “we“, or “our“, manage and operate the www.alfatv.com website (the “Website“).
PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS CAREFULLY.
BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY OF PART OF THE WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND REPRESENTATIONS
By accessing or using any part of the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and any future amendments to it as published through the Website.
If you do not agree to be bound by these Term, you may not access or use the Website.
- AMENDMENTS AND MODIFICATIONS
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND LICENSE
The Website, including but not limited to audio and video materials, still pictures, graphics, text, designs, software, logos, marks, data and any other content associated with the Website (“Content”) are protected by copyrights and other intellectual property laws throughout the world.
You shall comply at all time with all such laws as well as to any copyright, trademark or other legal notices or restrictions.
We, our licensors and other third suppliers (as the case may be) own the rights in and to the Content.
As between you and us, we retain all right, title and interest in and to the Website and the Content. Your use or access to the Website and/or Content shall not constitute any transfer of ownership of the Content or any part thereof.
You are only permitted to access the Website to view the Content and for personal, non-commercial purposes and in accordance with the terms and conditions under these Terms.
Except as expressly authorized by us, you shall not (i) download, stream, capture, store, archive or otherwise copy or reproduce any part of the Website or Content in any form or by any means; (ii) upload, sell, license, rent, post, lend, broadcast, transmit or otherwise disseminate, distribute, display or perform any part of the Website or Content in any media or by any means whatsoever; (iii) in any way exploit any part of the Website or Content whether for profit or not; (iv) modify, translate, adapt, create derivative works of, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any part of the Website or Content; (v) use any software, device or processes to scrape or download any type of data or Content from the Website; (vi) maintain any link to the Website or otherwise frame the Website or Content, make the Website or Content available via in-line links, display the Website or Content in connection with an unauthorized mark or logo, or do anything that could misleadingly suggest any type of relationship between us, our licensors and/or any third party; (vii) remove, alter or destroy any copyright or trademark notices contained on or in the Website or Content; (viii) use the Website or Content for unlawful purposes, interfere in any way whatsoever with the Website or otherwise use the Website in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms.
We reserve all rights to seek any and all remedies and to take any other action permitted b by law in case you violate this Terms.
Other trademarks, service marks, tradenames, logos, service marks, and trade names that may appear on or in the Website are either our property or the property of their respective owners.
Any such trademarks, service marks, tradenames and logos shall not be used in any manner whatsoever without express permission, including without limitation any use in connection with any third party content, products, services or website.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Website may contain advertising from third parties and/or links to third parties Website, such as but not limited to third parties’ ads, websites and applications (“Third Party Links“). We do not control and are not responsible for Third Party Links. We do not review, endorse, approve, monitor, warrant, or make any representations of any nature whatsoever with respect to any Third Party Links, or any content, products or Website accessible through such Third Party Links. Your access and use of any Third Party Links shall be at your own risk.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our licensors, suppliers, vendor, contractors and our and their affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party, costs (including attorney’s fees), damages, liabilities, expenses or obligations of any kind, in connection with or arising out of (i) your use of the Website or Content, (ii) your violation of these Terms; or (iii) your violation of any applicable law or regulation.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUALITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT CONTENT WILL BE ACCURATE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WE, OUR LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, VENDOR, CONTRACTORS AND OUR AND THEIR AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY UNDER CONTRACT OR IN TORT, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHERWISE) LOSS OF PROFIT, DATA LOSS, COSTS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE).
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, VENDOR, CONTRACTORS AND OUR AND THEIR AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS, FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID US FOR USING OR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE (IF ANY) IN THE 3 (THREE) MONTHS PRECEDING THE RELEVANT CLAIM.
- PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that Content posted on the Website infringes your copyright, please send us a notice to the following contact information:
Media Gates Co. WLL
Fax: + 97317681025
Your notice shall include the following:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright allegedly infringed; and
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; and
- a description of the location on the Website of the material that you claim is infringing;
- your address, telephone number and e-mail address; and
- a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or by law; and
- a written statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are otherwise authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
When you visit or use our Website, subscribe for our newsletter or other similar service, contact us or make a copyrights claim, we may obtain various types of information related to you and your use of the Website. This may include information that directly identifies you such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other contact information (“personal data”).
Media Gates Co. WLL is the data controller in relation to personal data collected through the Website.
The information we obtain generally falls into 3 categories: (A) information you voluntarily give us about yourself; (B) information that is automatically collected as you use our Website; and (C) information we obtain from other sources.
- Information You Voluntarily Give Us About Yourself
We may collect different types of information, including personal data, that you provide us directly when you register for certain of the Website, access various content or features of the Website, apply for a job or contact the Website. Such information may include, among others:
- your first and last name;
- postal address and e-mail address;
- telephone number;
- communications preferences, such as which electronic newsletters or other correspondence you would like to receive from us;
- your age, gender and interests;
- the content of messages you send to us;
- if you elect to post material to any blogs, forums, participate in our social networking features or other community boards that may be offered on our Website, then such materials will be collected and some information, including your posts and posted pseudonym, may be publicly available for others to view;
- Information Collected Automatically
Through your access or use of our Website, we and/or third-party contractors we engage, may collect automatically certain information, including personal data. Information collected include, but are not limited to:
- Web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you have clicked on while navigating within our Website;
- Information about your interactions with the content of our Website, including video or audio content, such as the type of content accessed;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages and electronic newsletters, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read our emails and electronic newsletters;
- The website you visited before visiting our Website and the website you visited after visiting our Website;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Website or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device;
- Standard server log information; and
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (see additional information of these terms below).
- Tracking Technologies
We, our service providers or other third parties acting on our behalf or with our permission, use embedded scripts, “cookies,” “web beacons”, device identifiers and other tracking technologies to operate, analyze, improve and protect the security of our Website as well as to tailor content and advertising to user interests.
Cookies are small amounts of data that can identify you as a unique visitor and store your personal preferences as well as technical information that are stored in separate files within your computer or device’s Internet browser. Cookies are accessed and recorded by the websites you visit, and by the companies that deliver the advertisements you see on our Website, so they can recognize the same browser navigating online.
- Web Beacons
Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for us to deliver a graphic image on a web page or email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies and can be used to track the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer or device that downloaded the page on which the Web beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the Web beacon appears, the time when the page containing the Web beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to access the page containing the Web beacon and the identification number of any cookie on the computer or device previously placed by the server hosting the Web beacon.
- Information We Obtain From Other Sources
We may collect information about you, including personal data, from third party sources, including through interactive applications from co-branded partners and websites, from our advertisers, and from other commercially available sources, which information may include:
- your name, email address, address, and telephone number;
- your age, gender, and income level;
- if you access third party Website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc…) through the Website, or if you access the Website via a third party service, the information available about you or collected from you on those third party Website;
- your interests and purchase behavior;
- your publicly available data;
- other browsing related data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We and our authorized service providers generally use information that we or our authorized service providers collect about you, including personal data, for our legitimate interests, including but not limited to:
- personalize your experience in using our Website;
- allow us to deliver the type of content and advertising that may interest you;
- recommend thingswe think might interest you;
- allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- manage a contest, promotion, survey or other Website’ feature;
- send you emails and electronic newsletters regarding promotions, our Website and other related information;
- follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- analyze the Website usage;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- improve our Website and our services;
- produce or disclose anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might assist third parties to develop offerings for their own products and Website;
- fulfil our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations;
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
- HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may share information collected through our Website, including your personal data, with:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, mother and sister Companies as necessary or appropriate to operate the Website as well as to enable us to provide you with information about our products, services and the Website that might interest you.
- Thirty party services providers that we engage to provide services or handle transactions on our behalf, such as email distribution, list processing, postal mailing, cloud computing, analytics, digital content performance measurement, ad serving and managing contests, promotions or events. These third party service providers use the information we provide to them as necessary or appropriate for the performance of their services.
- Advertisers, advertising agencies, and marketing related service providers an partners that create, deliver and assess advertising or marketing campaigns, including interest-based ads.
- Content measurement companies to measure the performance of content across the internet, including on the Website. We may also include third-party measurement software in the Website to enable market research or to measure digital and video content consumption.
- Social media platforms, if you interact with social media widgets, share content using social media share buttons, or access features of the Website that contain content or features provided by social media platforms, the relevant social media platforms may collect information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such social media platforms that you engage with as we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
- Other parties when required by Law or as necessary to protect our rights, as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights, the privacy or safety of our employees, users of the Website or other individuals and entities, or to comply with or enforce applicable industry standards, law or legal process, including responding to subpoenas, court orders and other requests from official and government authorities.
- Third parties in corporate related transactions in cases where we proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition or other disposition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation.
- Our licensor, including Meredith Corporation, and their affiliates, to comply with the terms of our agreement with them.
In addition, we may share your personal data, with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
- YOUR OPT-OUT CHOICES AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
- Opt Out and Disabling Cookies and Similar Technologies
You can opt out from receiving emails or newsletters from us or through the Website by following the instructions contained in any such email or newsletter (unsubscribe) or by contacting us directly by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device. However, if you disable such cookies and other similar technologies, you may not be able to use all the features provided by the Website.
You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that each browser works differently and therefore you will need to check the “Help” menu of your browser in order to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
To limit interest-based advertising on your mobile device, please review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer, such as “Limit Ad Tracking” for iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads” for Android.
- Access to Your Personal Data
When you choose to give us personal data about you, you have the right to review, make corrections, or request deletion of your personal data by contacting us by e-mail email@example.com.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND WEBSITE
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Although we endeavor to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website and any inward transmission of data is carried out at your own risk.
- CONTACT US
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in electronic form and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications and documents that we provide to you electronically will have the same legal effect that they would have if they were set forth in “writing”.
In the event that any of the terms or provisions contained in these Terms are determined to be invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then such term or provision shall not invalidate and in any way affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms.
- APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and any and all claims between you and us arising out of or related to your use of the Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be finally settled by the competent courts of Bahrain.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we shall have the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of it, superseding all prior agreements or undertakings, oral or written.
Our elected contact information:
Media Gates Co. WLL
Fax: + 97317681025